Sunday, September 20, 2009

How the movie Cicakman came to be




I once had a domestic helper who would feed rice to the cicak outside my house. I think her name was Ratna. Good thing she didn't stay for very long because I don't think it would be very fun to have Komodo Dragons walking around my house.


We currently have about slightly under 2 bucks.

Speaking of cicaks, I'm sure any normal Malaysian home would have a few running around (at least the ones in Sabah do?). Few years back I had my 12 year old cousin come over from New Zealand. He saw a lizard running around outside my house, and he quickly came to me to warn me that my pet had escaped. I wasn't sure if I should be ashamed that I lived in such barbaric conditions, but I played along anyway. Told him it's ok I let the fella run around the house one.



You know how most schools make you sew or iron your school badge onto your uniform? And you've got your name and everything? My former school had the clever idea of putting the word 'PAGI' or 'PETANG' beneath the school badge to let people know whether you are from the morning or afternoon session. Their way of catching students who ponteng.

The most amusing part of this story? Whenever I went for any competitons, the judges would ask me if my name was PAGI=.=


Pagi Wong Xue-Ying.

2 comments:

  1. hey there pagi, i guess klang also has similar barbaric conditions as sabah

    when my cousin visited, she roared at the lizards like simba in the lion king

    ReplyDelete