Friday, August 14, 2009

Peranakans Gone Wild

Here's what makes bad TV:
Watching CSI:Miami actually evolving into something interesting for once only to find out in the next episode that Horatio Caine never actually dies.

Come on the man only has one thing to do in the show... I bet this is how his script looks like:

Horatio Caine: take off shades. blabber something that sounds cool. put shades on. hands on waist. okay maybe that's 4 things.

So just let him die la for the love of gingerbread biscuits!!!


What makes good TV:
World Badminton Championships in India!

It's ridiculous how much I love badminton. I can drop everything to watch a good match. Last night my mum and I were screaming at the telly. It was nail-biting nerve wrecking jaw dropping constipating badminton. I must have looked horrible in my over sized T shirt and greasy hair yelling out obscenities. But who cares! Chong Wei lost!

Now with all the respect in the world for this guy, I was expecting him to win this tournament. I say he's mentally weak. But I guess every badminton fan knows that already. He cracks. And he cracks fast. But when at his best he's a joy to watch. Maybe it's because he's too complacent. He's already world number 1 but has yet to win any major titles=.=. He's DATUK Lee. He's got an Olympic medal The Olympic finals was anti climatic, a total bummer. That's how he ended up with a silver. He's receives a 3000 rm pension while still actively playing in this sport. Who gives a pension to a perfectly healthy man? Pensions are for retirees! Just because he's one of the best players Malaysia has had in a long time, doesn't mean we can give him everything! What this boy needs is a dose of Oprah or something. He needs to build confidence and learn to handle tough situations.

It was also equally frustrating to watch men's doubles pair Fairuzizuan Tazari and Zakry Latiff. One minute they were brilliant, the next they were shit. I swear I will suffer from a myocardial infarction if they keep playing like that. But they won la. Point is, they will not go far unless there is improvement.


No wonder that Indonesian Rexy keeps quitting.


Screwed up badminton squad aside, the Peranakans decided to go Italian. So we made pizza.
In case you do not know about the Peranakans, they are Straits born Chinese with a great mix of the best of the Malay and Chinese culture. Read all about it!

You have not lived unless you've tried authentic nyonya kuih.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah.. I thought he was gonna die. waited for that episode to come up. But what a bummer he did NOT die.
    And I realized... the whole hour kan, he's the guy with the one-liner. then shades on then walks into the sunlight. pfft. cheesy much.

    ReplyDelete