Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm gonna grow old to look just like you.




When I was younger I told myself I'd not raise my future children the way you did.
That probably wouldn't be a really good idea. Nobody wants sub basement scums for children.


I now get it. Why you do the things you do. Because if you hadn't Justin and I wouldn't be where we are. We're not successful people just yet, but I think we're on our way.


I miss your nasi lemak. The kuihs. The pulut hitam. The pong teh. The char siew pau.


You amuse me more than you know. You sing off tune. You flare your nostrils when you taste food. You don't understand facebook. You think you know what we're saying in Chinese when you actually might not. You allow Justin and I to make fun of you. We think it's cute.


I was always Pn.Wong or Madam Lee's daughter in school. That surprisingly never gave me a hard time. I kind of enjoyed it, because most of the teachers never messed with me.



Confession. When I was younger I played with your make up and accessories while you were still away at work.


Happy Mother's Day mum. You read my blog I know, that's how you keep track of how much free time I have.

I love you lots.

1 comment: