Monday, September 27, 2010

Minus the pain

No LA needed.


I was about to blog about how I am a firm believer that elevator buttons should be pressed constantly so that it gets there faster. Once couldn't possibly be enough.



But then I received a phone call.

No one I cared about died. Nor did I win Miss Nicaragua/Universe 2010.



How can you stand watching your own blood wandering aimlessly through life when everyone else is slowly finding their place in this world? Don't you see that living life isn't some competition?


I find little things in life like watching Mean Girls with my roommate 35 times over as some form of joy. I feel excited at the thought of having to finally go to class because I've not seen some of my classmates for a long time. I like to watch my dad fall asleep on the couch while I steal the remote control lying on his belly.



He sees nothing. He doesn't see anything remotely close to the warmth of hot chocolate on a rainy day. Because you caged him.

Forget about acquiring status and money, let him breathe. Learn. Let him go on a date, chaperoned.


Today I accomplished something, nothing colossal. But having that feeling made me realize how much he wants to feel the same too.

I hope you see that.

4 comments:

  1. my school building elevator buttons exactly like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twin....very DEEP le...VERY DEEP...dunno what u talking abt...who caged who? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dad not super enough to balance remote on belly. So I watch teevee when the whole house is asleep. =D

    ReplyDelete